Friday, September 30, 2005
posted 9/30/2005 04:08:00 AM UTC+12, McMurdo Local Time

Leavin' on a jet plane... or 3

So, since the last post... Molly, Ed, and I spent Wednesday morning hanging out at Ed's place talking bikes and drinking coffee - had a really nice morning. Molly and I drove down to the bike shop in Boulder and dropped off my bike to get it boxed, then went over to the Boulder Book Store to check out travel books and get a copy of the Rough Guide to New Zealand. We browsed as long as our stomachs would allow, then went to get some food. Next, I helped Molly out with getting more of her stuff packed into the attic, then we got set and went for dinner with my friend Mags and Molly's friend Susan, picking up the boxed bike on the way. We ate a ton of excellent food, which is to be expected at Sherpas, then walked the Pearl Street Mall about 4-5 times to help digest a little. Nice evening! This morning while I was getting some breakfast, Molly got a call informing her that she's PQed and will be going down to The Ice as a cargo handler in a couple weeks! Yay! So, that's about all for now, I've just printed out a hard copy of my itinerary and am about to go pick up a couple items at the hardware store before going to the airport. Next post should be from the other hemisphere!

<< Home