Wednesday, January 04, 2006
posted 1/04/2006 11:05:00 AM UTC+12, McMurdo Local Time

yawn

So, still not sure what to think about this new schedule. I'm adjusted to getting up around 10am and going to bed around 2am, but it's kind of weird not seeing anyone since when I'm around town they're working, and by the time I get back everyone is asleep. That said, it is nice to get up and go read for a bit in the galley over a bit of cereal, and the relatively laid back work assignment isn't bad either.

Getting started with teaching myself some basic calculus, but haven't gotten enough into it to say much about that. Just got my textbook down here about a week ago, but had been too busy with other things to get started on it. Been reading a Douglas Adams book called Last Chance to See over the last few days. Neat little book, it's basically a travel book about searching for endangered species, but written with Adams' characteristic humor. I like it because it's got the same sort of crazy stuff that's in books like the hitchiker's guide, but it actually happened in the real world. Fun stuff.

Anyways, I'm off to the galley to get a couple sandwiches to take out to the pits, and some cookies too since it's cookie day! Later.

<< Home