Monday, March 06, 2006
posted 3/06/2006 08:56:00 PM UTC+12, McMurdo Local Time

What a long, strange trip it's been!

My C-17 out taxing around before unloading the last people and cargo of mainbody


So, I suppose this will be my closing post to this journal. I'm now traveling around New Zealand with my one of my friends from another adventure, Clair. We've been having a great time over the last few days, and it's looking like it'll only be getting better once we actually can get out backpacking (been on the road mostly thus far.) I've been off the ice for a week today, really hard to explain how it feels so I'm not going to try. The adventure in Antarctica was a good one, it definitely taught me a lot of new things and changed my outlook on others. I've been asked a few times already whether I'd do it again, the short answer is 'probably' although it's quite a bit more complex if you want more than a single word answer.

A lot has happened since October that never made it into this journal, and isn't going to. Some of that stuff is related to personal relationships and the like that I wouldn't want to post to everyone online, other bits of it are things that wouldn't exactly be appropriate for the likes of management or children (the line between between the two is sometimes a bit blurry eh?.) Regretfully, in the act of measuring my words here, I know that I've leaned towards being a bit dry at times. Regardless, its been fun to keep up with posting the news, pictures, random thoughts and then getting feedback from friends, family, and even occasionally people I've never met. Thanks for following along!

-Ian-

<< Home