Wednesday, June 22, 2005
posted 6/22/2005 04:46:00 PM UTC+12, McMurdo Local Time

Quick Update

Today I went back to my dentist to get my #3 tooth checked like RPSC medical wanted me to. The dentist didn't find anything wrong, so he wrote a letter stating that and I faxed it in to Raytheon. Hopefully, that'll be the last thing I have to do to get PQed! I'm getting ready to move this weekend, then head off backpacking in a couple weeks, so this blog probably isn't going to be getting a lot of activity until late this summer. Might be rounding up some misc items to take with me to the ice soon (some warm personal clothes, portable music player, cool hat, etc.) ECW (extreme cold weather) gear is provided by RPSC, but since I'm going to be working with the fuels department, it's likely to end up reeking of fuels. I'm thinking about getting some of my own cold weather stuff for recreational use on The Ice and travelling around New Zealand afterwards. That's all for now, will post more when I get more info on Antarctica!

<< Home