Sunday, October 16, 2005
posted 10/16/2005 08:10:00 PM UTC+12, McMurdo Local Time

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!!

So, after that last post, I scrounged around Mactown (as we often call McMurdo) and found a sheet, a strip of wood, and a couple cotangers (coat hangers) to make a little privacy curtain in my room so that it's easier to regulate light when I'm trying to sleep. The project went smoothly and I think it'll be rather effective! Met up with John and hiked up Ob Hill (Observation Hill - ~750' mountain right by town.) Slippery, windy, and cold going up, but we were dressed for it and had a pretty good time. Here's the mandatory McMurdo from Observation Hill picture, click it to view a larger version with labels for buildings that I've mentioned here:



Q:Think an old fart hiker in his mid-40s in good condition has a
reasonable chance of getting hired at McMurdo? I get the impression
that almost everyone down there is under 30.


A:Yep, there are plenty people in their 40s down here. Definitely go to
the job fair in Denver if you're interested in getting a job though,
don't think too many people get hired without going there. Good
luck!

<< Home