Wednesday, October 12, 2005
posted 10/12/2005 10:02:00 PM UTC+12, McMurdo Local Time

Training day.


The fuels barn - where I'm working when I'm not in the field


So, it's been another incredibly busy day in Antarctica, this time with pretty much nothing but eating and training. At dinner, I counted up the topics I've learned about, and got to nine. The major ones were light vehicle operations, runway awareness, radio operation, timecard policies, how to open the heloport (morning routine to get their fuel systems going and take samples,) a shop tour, and some other things I don't recall at the moment. Had a good time, learned some cool stuff, and got to see more neat things in Antarctica! It was especially neat to be right beside the helopad when choppers were landing and taking off, I haven't ever been that close to helicopters zooming around so it was fun for me. That's all for now, I'm pretty sleepy and tomorrow's another work day (have to be at the barn and ready to go at 7:30am!)

<< Home